List of documents and digital material seized by the police from Binayk Sen's home
Friday, June 1, 2007
Here is the complete list of documents and digital material seized by the police from Binayk Sen's home. He was also prevented from addressing the media to rebut the lies that the police chose to spread while addressing the press and media representatives gathered outside his home.
Although the police was claiming in front of the media that they had found some significant documents, a copy of the seizure memo enlisting all the material exposes the "white lie" of the police. These are as follows:
1. Five CDs, mostly pertaining to the various investigations regarding Fake Encounters in Gollapalli, Katgaon, Surguja, and Jharkhand, which were made during the PUCL investigations, and contain interviews with the concerned citizens. PUCL has been distributing these for the last two years.
2. The Computer CPU, yet to be examined by experts;
3. A post-card dated 3.6.2006 written to Dr. Binayak Sen by the CPI (Maoist) leader, Sri Narayan Sanyal lodged at the Raipur Central Jail, regarding his health as well as legal case, which is duly signed by the Jail authorities carrying the Seal of the Jail Authorities;
4. News-paper clippings dated 19.6.2006, 8.4.2006, 27.8.2006, 26.12.2006, 21.8.2006, 8.1.2007, 21.12.2006 (Total 10 paper cuttings)
5. A Yellow coloured booklet "ON THE UNITY BETWEEN CPI (Peoples' War) AND MAOIST COMMUNIST CENTRE" in Hindi
6. A Letter written by Madanlal Banjare (a member of the CPI- Maoist) from Jail addressed to "Priya [dear] Comrade Binayak Sen" revealing the inhuman conditions and illegal activities in Raipur Central Jail. (PUCL NOTE: This letter was later sent to all newspapers and electronic media by the PUCL, and was prominently published in some newspapers);
7. A Xeroxed Article in English entitled: "Naxal Movement, Tribals and Women's Movement"
(PUCL NOTE: This Article is based on a dialogue carried out in Andhra Pradesh during the period of the Peace Talks and was later published in the prestigious periodical Economic & Political Weekly, Mumbai)
8. A hand written photocopied note of 4 pages on "How to build an Anti-US Imperialist Front.";
9. Eight page Article entitled: "KRANTIKARI JANWADI MORCHA (ITF) VAISHAVIKARAN AWAM BAHRTIYE SEVA KSHETRA; (Globalization and the Service Sector in India)
10. A recent document dated 18.7.06 of CPI (M) "Recent Police Activities and Labourers". B.10;
11. A Book on 'SALWA JUDUM :Bastar ki janata par Fasivadi hamla' [Salwa Judum: Fascist Attack on te People of Bastar] published by the Committee of Tribals affected by Salwa Juroom (48 pages); in which on page number 41 is a Press Release Maowadiyon aur Bhautiki Jan Samasyayon par Jari Barbarta sarkaar prayojit Salwa Judum ka Virodh Karo dated 11th March 2006 ( One page);
12. One issue of 'Peoples' March' (December 2004)published from Ernakulam, Kerala, (Registration Number :RNI N0: KER/ENG 2000/2051)
posted by Resistance 6/01/2007 08:21:00 AM,